January 10, 2014

January thaw

So hey blog!  How's it going?  It's been a while...

I really haven't felt like blogging for a while, and don't still.  Don't get me wrong, I love blogging.  I love reading blogs, and what blogging has done to my life.  I've made some sweet friends through this that I never would have met otherwise for which I'm thankful.

Just blogging takes so much time, and that's something that's been hard to come by.  I feel like I'm being worked to death; like all I have time for is working and sleeping.  When I'm home I'm just resting up from work for another day of work, just to do it all over again.  I know I'm not the only one who has to work; we all do.  I'm just struggling with finding myself in a way...like I pretty much just want to give up on all my hobbies since I don't have enough time to devote to them and it makes me sad when I can't do the things I love.

Less is more, right?  I feel like just calming down and not trying to do so much would be a good idea.  To spend more time at home, just frickin' cleaning the thing, like daily chores and upkeep, and spending time with Mike.  To focus on less, purge some things and just see where that takes me.


I know this post just sounds super sad and not what you usually expect from a blog; they're supposed to be all chipper and crap, and make you feel good, but this is how I feel.  Just thought I'd give a shout out to let you all know where I've been (well, here, same place.  I didn't go anywhere!), and that I don't know where I'm going with this blog.  I very well may continue, and I may quit, or just pop in here and there.  Whatever I feel like really, because this is just my lil' space to call my internet home.

Okay, this pic is funny, and I swear I'm not drinking while writing this, though it may sound that way.  But I've totally done so, and it's funny.  Actually I'm still not drinking, and let me tell you, this sucks, haha!  Wow.  I just got home from watching a documentary on Michigan beer, and everyone there was drinking beer, and it's beer week here in my hometown with all sorts of sweet events...rawr.  But I don't want to give up, as much as I do want to just give in, because that would be lame, and I'm a stickler.  Four months though, holy crud what was I thinking?!


SO, for now, I think I'm just going to tone it down a notch, purge out my craft room, and focus on running and reading.  And chickens.  And Mike.


And I'm trying really hard to do this...


Okay, thanks for reading!  Hoping to figure my life out soonish, haha!

7 comments:

  1. Do what you've got to do with the blog! My refocus for my blog this year is to just take pressure off myself. I got a bit bogged down with it all. It's not a business and there should be no stress for me to produce. I love the community that I have found through my blog and that it's a sort of record of my life. I miss the connections I had with my bloggie friends and the creativity I lacked when I wasn't editing pictures and writing. Take it a day at a time and just do what makes you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, I feel ya, we are totally on the same page! These last few months have been tough for me, too, trying to find time and energy to keep my blog up. It's tough figuring out that balance! Whatever you end up doing, I'll be happy to see you when and if you pop up in my reader! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sondra! :) Maybe it's just winter getting to all of us, :P

      Delete
  3. I am in the same boat...you are not alone! I'm so glad you are being real instead of being chipper and crap for the sake of being what people expect. Blogging can seem really daunting and in the grand scheme of all the crazy life things going on, it's hard to make time. Sometimes I would rather just shut down and watch 6 episodes of Pretty Little Liars (yeah, that's right...don't judge. ;) ) and cuddle with my dog after work because I'm exhausted. I want to blog, I do love it, but sometimes it feels like I'm not living up to what it "should be" because I don't have the time. And if life isn't chipper and your posts aren't chipper, that's ok.
    I want you to know that I love reading your blog and I hope you post sometimes...but only if it's fun and if you want to do it. It's ok if you don't post all the time or the way you think you are "supposed to blog" (cause I know that trap!). And if you don't, I hope you stay in touch...I will try to be better about responding to emails, it's a goal for the new year. ;) I'm glad we've become kind of blog buddies this year. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me, I know how you feel. I have been blogging for years, and have announced breaks several times. When I worked at the library, my schedule was crazy and I would get called in on my days off alll the time, I barely had any energy left to blog! No one wants to get home and do more work, even if we do love it. Just update whenever you want, there have been times I only updated once a month or even stopped for 6 months. Just keep doing what you love!

    On a side note, do you still have any of the old blog buttons? I really liked that one with you and the green trees in the background, I used it on my blog but only have a cropped pic of it now, if you still have it could I link to your blog on mine with it?


    entertheforestagain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!