December 31, 2013

things to do in 2014

I've decided to make a small list of things to do in 2014.  I'm not one big on resolutions, because I just fear I'll end up breaking them anyway.  If I wasn't doing it before, why now?  But it is a good time of year to clear your mind and start fresh.  A starting point of sorts.  Here are a few (but not all; gotta have some kept secret & just for yourself, right?) of my goals for 2014.


  • I'm signed up for a local 1/2 marathon that takes place in May!  I'm starting my training tomorrow!  woohoo!  I've really enjoyed (as much as you can enjoy) running.  Who would've thought?  Not me...I have quite a ways to go still to get where I need to be, but thankfully I have plenty of time to train.
  • This one goes along with the running goal; I'm going to attempt (no, I will, haha) to quit drinking alcohol for the five months leading up to the 1/2 marathon.  I just think know it will be healthier for me. I already have my first drink lined up, haha, they always have a "finish line" beer at the run, so thinking I'll partake then.
  • Get chickens in the spring.  I still have a lot of reading up and planning to do to make this one happen (build a coop and close in an area for them, pick a breed, find out how to care for them, everything!) but I really want to make it work.  It would be so great to have little chicks out in the yard, and eventually eggs that we can bake with!  Knowing exactly where they come from would be amazing.
  • Read lots of books.  I've been reading more than ever lately, and kind of love it.  It's hard to make (er, justify) the time, but it's really enjoyable.
  • Floss.  hehe, I've been doing this for a little while now, and I just want to keep doing it.  These teethies are the only ones I have, and I want to take care of them and have them the rest of my life!
  • Know Jesus, you know, better than I already do.
  • Get a tattoo.  I don't know what I want, just that I want more!
  • Keep running, after the 1/2 marathon and beyond.  No quitting when it's done.
  • Join a small group @ church, and maybe make some friends.
Well there you have it!  These are the things I'm going to be working on throughout 2014.  What's on your to-do list?  Leave a link in the comments below of your new year's blog post so I can check it out!

3 comments:

  1. I love all your goals- you're going to rock the half marathon! And chickens!? I can't wait to hear about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love having chickens. I wish I could give you some, we're about to have baby chicks! But you know, can't really post them ;)
    Good luck with the 1/2. I've never managed to do one (yet). You will do great!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!