December 03, 2013

cultivation wednesday~ kindness advent calendar

Never before have I participated in an advent calendar of any sort.  I still don't know the full history and meaning behind it, for lack of research and caring I guess (oops), but I came across this one while watching a silly video of a guy passing out candy in public.  "Random Acts of Candy," haha.  I think I'd be a bit creeped out by this and not take the candy, but maybe that just goes to show how twisted our world is and how we're afraid of everything, even acts of kindness.
Be kind to animals! - Day 1 of The Acts of Kindness Advent Calendar. Check it out at http://www.noomii.com/advent-calendar
The Acts of Kindness Advent Calendar is totally free; just visit the sight every day to see your new kindness act, or plug in your email to have a daily reminder sent via your inbox.  I'm sort of taking this easy, and one day at a time, maybe picking and choosing which ones to do or not do, since I'm a baby and don't like my comfort bubble to stretch too much in fear it might burst.  Like day one, I totally skipped it after fighting with myself for a while.  All it was was to phone a friend that you haven't talked to for a while.  I tried to get Mike to do it for me, but we both have a small case of phone phobia.  Yep, I really hate talking on the phone, unless it's to someone in my immediate family.

So, wah, I'm a baby, and I'm taking this day by day, so you can too, or just plain ol' commit, haha.  Day two for me went well yesterday; it was "pass out compliments" day, and I gave two.  Okay, maybe that's not so hot, but hey I tried.  Today is day three, and it's be nice to animals day.  Uber easy.  I have four pets who I love on daily, and one of them is sitting in my lap as I type.  Perhaps some extra pets and treats will be in store for the day though.

What about you?  Are you participating in any advent activities?  Will you sign up for this one?  Let me know if you do, and we can keep tabs on each other. ;)

 

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to do this one! Really cool initiative. I need a site like to this to tell me something to do every day haha :p And I hate phonecalls as well! I'm always a little anxious when someone calls me except my parents haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad someone else is doing it. :) I know, it's nice having it tell you a specific thing to do, haha.

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute idea! I think I might just join. I also hate talking on the phone, even with close family.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!