November 22, 2013

food & beer friday~ beard beer

Oh my.  I think I first heard about this beer online, & I didn't think too much of it, just that it was silly, and-- what the heck?  But then I saw it in the store, and I pretty much had to buy it.  Duh.  When else are you going to drink a beer make from a dude's beard?  Not often, I say.
 
Beard Beer is made by Rogue Ales.  They concocted this sipper from their brewmaster John Maier's beard.  Yup, you heard that right.  They found a natural yeast stewing in this guys beard that was perfect for making a beer with, and thought why not?
 
I'm equal parts grossed out and hysterical with fits of laughter over this beer.  And guess what?  It's actually pretty tasty.  Some flavors that popped out on my tongue while sipping were: orange, flowery, tiny bit sour, tart-ish,  & wet, haha.  You simply must give this beer a try if you can get your hands on a bottle, if only for the sheer awesomeness that it's made from (or of?) the heart and soul of a gruff fellow.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I can't seem to find my beard...
 
 

Have a splendid Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I also bought a bottle of this, but haven't worked up the nerve to drink it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also bought a bottle of this, but haven't worked up the nerve to drink it yet!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!