October 31, 2013

what to wear~ on halloween

 
 
Secretly, (okay, maybe not so much) I have a love for fairies.  They're so pretty, graceful, and in touch with nature.  They're quiet, love to dance, and are practically invisible.  I've had a pair of fairy wings for a few years, and just about every Halloween I find a reason to put them on.  Really, I just wish it was acceptable to wear them on a day to day basis, but I don't like to draw too much attention to myself.  Today is the perfect day to don them.
 
 
Ever since getting learning about fairy doors, I knew I had to have one.  When we bought our house a touch over a year ago, there was no excuse anymore; a fairy door must be installed.  Finally, after purchasing, staining, and sealing the door it met its match in a sturdy pine in our backyard.  Sloppy goops of caulk and some unsightly screws later, the fairies now have a welcome place to call home in our little plot of mother nature.
 
 
outfit details -->
sweater, skirt, top, belt- thrifted
lace top- forever 21
headband- gift
tights- ?
shoes- Target
wings- ?
earrings- handmade
 
 
There's a 100% chance of rain in the Zoo-of-Kalama, and I'm a little bummed to think that we most likely won't get any trick-or-treaters for the second year in a row as homeowners, but then again, I sort of just want that bag of suckers to myself.
 

I'm excited to see what the rest of the gang put together for Halloween!  What are you wearing/ have you worn this year so far?  Link up on Nicole's blog, and pop over to check out the other rad outfits!

6 comments:

  1. Omg that little door is too precious! I'd love to be a fairy. Too bad we don't celebrate halloween here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! I love this whimsical fairy costume and the fairy door. So cute!
    Have an awesome Halloween. I hope you get at least a few trick or treaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the most beautiful fairy I've ever SEEN!!! (urr... the ONLY fairy I've ever seen!!) :D "You don't know you're beautiful...that's what makes you beautiful"! Ask B & M to sing that to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make such a perfect fairy! I'm in love with those wings and the door! everything is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!