September 19, 2013

what to wear~ to a bookstore

It's been a while since I've been into a bookstore, but this week we're displaying our bookstore wardrobe.  I really wouldn't wear anything too specific, but you may want to keep in mind the climate you're about to enter...sometimes the air conditioning is so bloody cold in buildings during the summer, that you need a light sweater.  Even though I was freezing when I took these pics (with the windows open, and the lovely weather we've been having!) I chose to pair a maxi dress with a t-shirt and a scarf.  Oooh, and some slippers since I didn't actually go to a bookstore for this shoot.
 
 
Any other Calvin and Hobbs fans out there?  Great stuff, guys; great stuff.
 
 
I would love to read more than I do, but I'm not gonna lie...I don't read much.  It usually takes me a month or two to finish one book.  I wish I had more (or allowed more) time to read.  Right now I'm reading Cork Boat, but I hope to finish up soon, because I plan on hopping on the book club train with Sarah from The Laughing Medusa in October.  It's already begun this month, but I decided to join a late since I couldn't find the first book in time.  Read about the club here & join as well if you'd like!  October's book is The Happiness Project.  It'd be fun to know some others reading along!
 
 
I love buying my books from Better World Books.  They're a for profit organization who provides tons of literacy help to folks around the world.  Every purchase you make helps them help others!  Pretty wicked...plus the shipping is free!  That's what I'm talking about.  Thrift stores and garage sales are also great places to pick up a "new" read, along with bookstores.
 
 
Go on over and visit Nicole's blog to see what she's put together for this weeks What to Wear!  Also check out the other posts from the gang; can't wait to see what's out there!
 
 
outfit details:
maxi dress & scarf- Target
t-shirt- gift/ Kohl's
slippers- thrifted
glasses- Coastal
 

5 comments:

  1. This is the perfect outfit for fall or for going to the book store! really cute! And I love the slippers. honestly when I take outfit pictures I usually put shoes on just for the sake of the photos, but when I'm home I live in my slippers. I might just wear mine the next time I take outfit photos. =}
    I used to be a major book worm, but now I don't get to read half as much as I'd like, I've been working on the same book for months

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this comfy yet chic look! I feel ya- it takes me a month ish to finish a book too. I love reading but I usually do it when I'm going to bed so I end up falling asleep right away :) I got the audio book of Happiness Project but haven't listened yet- maybe I should get the book instead...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like a tiny little book ghost! And your outfit reminded me of my dream last night where I found a new maxi dress in my closet that was comfortable and fit perfectly and now I'm a little sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute outfit, that scarf is fantastic. Target seriously always has so many adorable things. And I'm right there with you on not having much time to read. I'm pretty slow when it comes to finishing a book, I think the longest has been 6 months (eek I'm kind of ashamed to admit that haha).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the maxi dress, suits you so well! I like to read and I do it in phases haha, sometimes I read 5 books in a month, other months I read nothing!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!