September 06, 2013

food & beer friday~ harpoon pumpkin ale

 
I'm definitely starting to feel the thrill of autumn slowly creep into life lately, with the weather chilling down a bit and the stores hauling out their decorations and yummy candy.  In this mix of course includes pumpkin beer, and I got a hankerin' for some.  When I went to the store, I couldn't recall which ones I had or hadn't had; there are so many pumpkin beers!  So I went for one I knew for sure I hadn't tried yet-- perhaps not the classiest one on the market, but whatevs.  My taste buds are definitely not snobby, and it hit the spot.  UFO pumpkin ale by Harpoon was just what I needed to heave me further into my favorite season.
 
 
I enjoyed this brew after a long day at work, along with some scrumptious breakfast bars I made a few days ago ((uh-mazing!)).  I'll share that recipe soon. ;)  Let me just tell you that chocolate and cherries are involved...drooling yet?
 
 
This beer has lots of "spiceyness" to it; nutmeg mostly, which is the perfect fall spice, right?  Right.  Maybe cinnamon too...  anyhoo, it has an ABV of 5.9%; not bad, not bad...pretty much an enjoyable beer.  I'm excited to try some more pumpkin and seasonal beers soon!
 

Noms!  What's been in your glass lately?  Come on, someone tell me, I know I can't be the only beer drinker out there.  You, yeah you, who reads this and never comments...what did you drink last night??  haha, no seriously, I'd love to hear from you.  peace loves!

1 comment:

  1. I tried a autumnal beer last year that I was NOT a fan of. I need to try some other varieties this year, as it seems that everyone and their dog has a version!

    I stopped at the liquor store today on my lunch break (tee hee!) and picked up a 12 of Steam Whistle (a pilsner) and some La Chouffe which is a delicious Belgian Blonde and my fave beer (for sentimental reasons as much as that it tastes awesome!).

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!