August 06, 2013

what's in my wardrobe~ august flowers

 
These flowers just started blooming a few days ago, and before then I had no idea they were anything but daffodils.  I was sure that they were, and that they were done for the season except for the greenery, but behold!  Pink flowers!  I have no idea what they are, but they remind me of what comes in funeral arrangements...not sure if I'm a fan, even though they are pretty; it's just the association that makes me iffy.
 
 
This tiny owl necklace came home with me from Forever 21 not long ago.  Isn't it adorable?!  And for around $2, how could I not?  Gold is definitely not my thing, and I usually stray as far away from it as possible, but something about him said it was okay.
 
 
Rachel, if you're reading this, I think I look a lot like you in this pic.  <3 you!
(my sis!)
 
 
 

There's not much happening around here today...hoping to do some reading and run a few errands.  What are you up to?

2 comments:

  1. Gladiolas, I do believe, are the flowers that you have blooming! Your dad & I bought buckets of them for decorations at our wedding at the Kalamazoo Farmer's Market 37 years ago this week! :D

    By the way, what were you freaking out about in that picture?!!! Yikes!

    Your little owl is adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! nothing really, other than the fact that it's super awkward getting your photo taken & I never know how to pose. :)

      Happy anniversary!!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!