August 30, 2013

food & beer friday~ maracaibo especial

 
Looking for something different at the liquor store, I was referred to this beer by a friendly associate.  I told him that I liked sour beers, so he graciously pointed out a few, and left me to decide.  Maracaibo Especial by Jolly Pumpkin is described as "A rich brown ale inspired by the enigmatic monastic brews of Belgium, and the mysterious mist shrouded jungles of the tropics. Brewed with real cacao, and spiced with cinnamon and sweet orange peel for a sensual delight. A brew to be sipped, savored, and enjoyed!"
 
 
It wasn't as sour as I had hoped for, and it tasted like a Christmas beer to me...meaning it was pretty spicy.  This was not as good as some of the other beers by Jolly Pumpkin, but they have some pretty amazing stuff.  Not bad though, and I'd be up for having it again; maybe this autumn by the fire in our backyard, or around the Christmas tree later in the year.
 
 
At 7.5% ABV, it's pretty average as far as alcohol content goes; not too weak, not too strong.
 
 

Thanks for catching up on what I've been sipping on!  Let me know what you've been drinking and what I need to try!  Leave me a link below if you have a food or beer post so I can check it out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!