August 02, 2013

food & beer friday~ dunegras

With yesterday being National IPA Day, I made the obvious choice for my pick this week.  It's not all that uncommon though for me, as I tend to pick IPAs often.  The real decision was which one. 
 
While Mike and I were wine tasting a few weeks ago for our anniversary, we had a pretty sassy and fun wine server at one particular winery.  At one point, he grabbed our wine list and jot down the name of a brewery he highly suggested we hit up for dinner-- Greenbush Brewing Co.  I think I'd seen their stuff around, but hadn't really paid too close attention to it until now.  Needless to say we didn't end up going there for dinner since we already had plans, but I'd like to visit sometime for sure, especially since it's not too far from where I live!  So for this week's pick, I chose Dunegras by Greenbush, "A justly hopped india pale ale with absolutely no dunegrass."
 
 
 
 
 
For dinner yesterday I made an antipasto pizza which paired nicely with this beer.  It could have just been the fact that I was super hungry, but whatever.  A crescent roll crust, red onions, artichoke hearts, black olives, oregano, and lots of mozzarella and parmesan cheese baked into a soft gooey goodness...mmmm...
 
The beer was surprisingly not bitter or very hoppy, and was pretty sweet.  ABV on this bad boy is 6.7% so not too bad one way or the other.  All in all, I liked it; a bit of a change from the IPAs I tend to lean towards.  If you don't like hops all that much, you may like this one.
 

Let me know what you've been drinking in the comments, or link up below so I can read about it in your own food and beer post!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!