July 22, 2013

lucky #7

 
Today marks 7 years of marriage for Mike and I!  I'm pretty excited that we've made it this far, are still together, and love each other.  It's amazing to have found the one person I want to be with forever, and the fact that we get along so well just awesome. 
 
This is the first year we haven't taken a week off together and gone on some sort of vacation, which is a bummer.  With Mike having a brand new job though, we didn't think it would be a good idea to do so, but he gets weekends off, so we had a little celebration this past weekend by wine tasting at a few places.
 
 
An employee at one of the wineries knocked a bottle off the shelf; whoops!  Better them than me!
//
our glasses and menus
//
The Round Barn!
 
 
Outside The Round Barn I had Mike snap a photo of me in my new dress; finally time to reveal it to you all from our What to Wear wine tasting post earlier this month!  I chose the long one!  While Mike didn't notice at all, I like having something new to wear, and it was super comfy.  Marci is the "winner" by picking the correct one!  yea!  Sorry, you don't win anything but bragging rights. :)
 
 
After wine tasting, we went to The Livery for dinner and a beer.  We kept it short and sweet before heading out to the beach to end our night with a dip in Lake Michigan.  The water was by far the warmest we've ever felt it, meaning it was actually tolerable to go in, and you weren't in pain from the cold!  It was really nice, I'm hoping to get to the lake more often.
 

And that was our weekend!  Mike has to work today, so I'm trying to keep myself busy with things and not think about it too much.  I had a nice time visiting with my amazing friend Joanna this morning while she's up from Florida!  So sad she has to go back soon, but glad we got to hang out. :)

Hope you're having a good Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I love the dress you picked and congrats to Marci! :)

    I'm glad you two are still so happy together and that you were able to enjoy a lovely day together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You're such a cute couple!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! This week is also my 7 year dating anniversary with my husband...crazy! <3

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!