July 18, 2013

liebster fun

I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by the always amazing Sondra from Abyha. :)  Now, I know I've done these before, but whatever, I like doing them so you'll have to deal with some more random facts about me.
 

How does a Liebster Award work?
  • List 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer your nominator's 11 questions
  • Pose you own 11 questions
  • Tag 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to answer your questions
  • Link back to your nominator
Here goes!

11 facts

1.  Silly as it seems, I never knew what an introvert or extrovert was.  The topic seems to be all the rage all over the internet lately, and I even picked up a book about it.  Let me tell you, it's kind of a huge relief to know that I'm an introvert and it's okay to be one.  All my life I've been told I was quiet like it's a bad thing, but turns out it's normal, people!  Quit trying to make the world extroverts, haha!
2.  Could be part of the reason for #1, but I was home schooled up until 8th grade, when I started going to a private school.  Definitely didn't talk to anyone till about senior year.
3.  Mike and I just got our own cell phones (with texting!) a little over a year ago.  Up until then we just had one that we sort of used as a home phone.  We were totally fine, though, but now that I've joined the dark side, I'm a texting, instagraming, twittering fool.
4.  I prefer my coffee black, but put cream in it if I have to quick chug it before a work shift & it's too hot, or if it's iced; then cream & sugar are both added.
5.  I'm kind of obsessed with picking the boogers out of my cats' eyes.
6.  Autumn is my faaavorite season!
7.  It's on my bucket list to go skydiving.
8.  I hate haunted houses or anything scary.  I made the mistake of going to one once, and never again! 
9.  Despite my attempts to only eat pizza once a week, it's still ending up being about two...
10.  I usually put way too many things on my to-do list, and I can't possibly get them all done within my allotted time, which is frustrating.
11.  I'm making it my goal to run my first half-marathon next spring!  Wish me luck!

Sondra's questions

1.  If you could live anywhere, where would you live?  Probably somewhere in Europe, but I have no idea where because I've never been there, haha.  It just sounds amazing from everything I hear.  If not across seas, then probably Portland.
2.  Describe your perfect breakfast.  I don't like your typical breakfast that you get at diners, you know, eggs, meat, toast....I lovelovelove bagels with cream cheese (most often Asiago with veggie spread).  Also a bowl of Greek yogurt with fruit in it, some coffee, and if I'm really thirsty some o.j.
3.  Dream dinner party.  Five guests, alive or dead.  Go.  Oh goodness, this is hard...I have no idea.  Okay, um... Regina Spektor, Jesus, Bob Ross, Zooey Deschanel, and President Lincoln.
4.  Do you practice yoga?  If yes, what's your favorite pose?  If no, what keeps you from liking it?  So I keep meaning to start up doing yoga every-other day (when I'm not running), but keep slacking for whatever reason.  Laziness for one, but then I really don't know how to go about it.  Is there a routine, or a series of poses you do in a row...?  I've done it on my Wii fit before and it's fun, but would like to get more into it.
5.  Have you ever broken a bone?  Nope!
6.  Do you believe in ghosts?  Oh man, kind of going back to how I don't like anything scary in the least...I really don't know.  I don't like to think about it too much....it's sort of fun to think they might exist, but then that would totally creep me out if they were real.  But no...I don't think so.
7.  What album has been your soundtrack this summer?  Sad thing is that I don't listen to a whole lot of music.  I'm soooo not up with the technology times people; I really don't even know what devices people listen to music on for the most part.  I just started listening to music while I run though on Pandora, and Ingrid Michaelson is my station on repeat.  (p.s.~ I'm having a music sharing party with my brother soon, so I'm stoked to get more music ideas!)
8.  If you could be any animal for a day, what would you pick?  Oh man, I was going to say horse so I could run really fast, but then I'd also want a chance to fly, but also to go in the water...ugh, maybe one of those ducks that dives?
9.  What is the prettiest place you have ever been to?  This is really hard for someone with a horrible memory like myself...I guess probably Tennessee on our honeymoon 7 years ago.  We climbed to the top of a mountain and there was a huge waterfall at the top. :)
10.  Are you a lover or a fighter?  LOVER!  I hate to fight.
11.  Are you a Bert or an ErnieHaha, Bert. :)

My questions

1.  If you drink, what's your all time favorite drink?
2.  Are you growing any plants inside or out?
3.  What would you bring in your picnic basket?
4.  What's the last book you read?
5.  What color is your bathroom?
6.  Favorite mythical creature?
7.  Early riser or night owl?
8.  What's a word or phrase you use a lot?
9.  Current desk top picture?
10.  Do you like watching and or playing sports?  If so, what's your favorite?
11.  If you had to choose between a million dollars and the ability to fly, which would it be?

Tag!

I'm not quite choosing 11 people, because honestly I don't know that many bloggers, but here are a few that I love.  Go take a look at these lovely ladies blogs!

Skinny Jeans & a Chai Latte
Dusty Country Road
Be Like The Fox
New Wave Domesticity
The Quiet Owl

Phew, if you made it through that, thank you! haha, hope you all have an awesome day. :)  Happy Friday to me (I know it's Thursday, but my last day of work for the week, woohoo!)!

8 comments:

  1. I was also home schooled!I went all the way through high school though. It definitely seems to make me a bit awkward at making new friends even now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, funny! Yeah, it does...oh wells. :)

      Delete
  2. yay, I'm glad you did it! these are so much fun, I'm glad I got to learn more about you! :) (I love random fact #6, and I agree, SO gratifying).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, thanks for nominating me!! You're the best! I'm totally a list maker and put way too many things on my lists, then at the end of the week feel like I didn't accomplish anything! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the half marathon!! I'm sure you will ace it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!