July 19, 2013

food & beer friday~ red's rye p.a.

 
I had this beer when I got home from work late last night, proving a great way to start a long weekend.  I was seriously sleepy, but it was still tremendously delicious.  Founders is another brewery local to me; I'm beginning to think I should broaden my beer spectrum.  I'm all for buying local, but I want the things I review to be accessible to you folks as well & not all just in my area...something for me to think about.
 
 
 
 What did I think of the beer?  It was super hoppy.  Mike picked this one out for me knowing it would be one I liked, and he was right.  Other than "hops!" I'm horrible with descriptions, so here's what Founder's has to say about it:
"Serious hop bitterness, along with an unyielding grapefruit bouquet from the Amarillo dry hop, balances the malty richness of four varieties of imported Belgian caramel malts. Pours a spectacular crimson with a creamy tan head. A generous addition of rye malt accentuates a spicy, crisp finish."

At 6.6% ABV, it's an easy drinker with not too much harm if you go back for another.
 
 
 
Kristin won't be able to join me this week, but please feel free to link up with your food or beer posts below.  Hoping you have a great Friday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!