June 13, 2013

what to wear~ on an ice cream date

 
 
 
The What to Wear team is dressing for an ice cream date this week!  Oh ice cream, I love it so.  Now is the perfect time of year for some too, with things heating up.  These photos were taken the day after my three day cleanse.  I was definitely ready for some ice cream after that, hehe.
 
I've mentioned Plainwell Ice Cream before in a few of my posts (found here and here), and it remains to be my favorite ice cream shop.  I've gone there ever since I can remember, so it has sentimental value, as well as truly delicious ice cream.
 
 
Guys, I'm sure you know this, but it's super weird taking outfit photos in public.  I can't really handle it...so all you get of the real deal are those top sneaky photos; I had Mike snap a few more of my outfit once we got home.
 
 
See how long our grass got??  We loved it, but alas it's been cut twice since.  Our backyard neighbor informed us that we'd better be careful or the city would fine us for it being too long.  Not sure if he meant that to be helpful or as a "hint."  Until we live in the country one day, I guess we have to abide by city rules.  I'm tempted to rip out all the grass and just plant a bunch of stuff...
 
 
outfit details:
dress & belt~ thrifted // lace top~ charlotte russe
 
 
Please stop by Nicole's blog throughout the day and see what the other ladies wear while cooling off with a cone!  Link up yourself if you wish, or join us next time on June 27 when we show what we wear while crafting.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit, dahling! I'm sure you were the best dressed @ Plainwell Ice Cream! And I'm sure they appreciated that you came in spite of the detour to get there! :D What flavor did you get? Mmmm...so many choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I forgot to say what kind I got! It was salted caramel and....I don't remember the other flavor! But it was good. :)

      Delete
  2. I really love this dress/belt combo. You look so feminine and cute. Good on ya for actually hitting up the ice cream shop. I feel a wee bit like a failure on that front. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dress! love this pics with the birch bark, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That outfit is so pretty and flowy! Also, yes you get epic props for actually getting ice cream with this prompt. Also, I love the long grass in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks! I really just wanted ice cream, and used it as an excuse. :P

      Delete
  5. Love your outfit! that dress is super cute, But I really love the little lace top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, waffle cone! I love the belt. And -- my mom actually managed to get fined for having grass too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy, man! I guess I can understand a front yard, which we're keeping trimmed, but our backyard?? Will the city even check back there?

      Delete
  7. What a pretty dress! Glad you got some ice cream to go with it!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!