June 21, 2013

food & beer friday~ wild one

 
My featured beer this week is an exclusive Bell's Eccentric Cafe brew.  So, I know it's not fair because you can't get this beer unless you're local, but it's just too good not to tell you about!  Pluuus, if you ever want to visit me, I'll definitely take you down to the pub and we can drink one together!
 
Wild One is the name of this mouth-watering beauty.  Here's a quote from Bell's website describing it a bit:
 
"Every batch of Wild One begins not as a single beer, but as dozens of distinct batches fermented in wooden barrels, each with its own unique combination of wild yeasts & other microorganisms. After several months, the brewers then sample each of the barrels and blend to taste, selecting the desired flavor attributes from this array. The result is a refreshing tartness, supporting a heady fragrance of fruit, toasted oak, & vanilla."
 
 
This beer is not served all year round, so when it's available we take full advantage.  Mike even went as far as to say that it's probably their second best beer (first being Two Hearted of course!).  Wild One has a shocking flavor to it, almost tasting like sweet tarts... the flavors burst in your mouth, are super sour, & are just amazing!  At 6.8% ABV, it tastes like it will be a lot stronger than it is.  Luckily that allows for more, right?! :)
 
I had a black bean wrap with this beer, which was soso tasty.  It was warm with some spicy rice inside; paired with the sour and chilled beer, the two complimented each other just right.
 
 
Kristin's taking this week off, but don't let that make you think I don't want to know what's been in your beer mug lately!  Link up below with your food or beer post, if only for a week or two, no huge commitments needed, just whenever you can.  We do this every Friday!  I'd love to know what other beers are out there waiting for me to discover them.  TGIF!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I know D would be over the moon about this beer. It would likely be one that I would need to share; I often can't take sours in large quantities. I can't wait to get up there and explore the pub one day!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!