June 28, 2013

food & beer friday~ twisted helles

 
I saw this cute little package in the store last week & it definitely caught my eye; mostly because of the adorable graphics, haha!  When I saw that it was a local brew (well, within my state), and something I had yet to try, it was hard to say no to.
 
 
Twisted Helles is a lager made by Frankenmuth Brewery in Frankenmuth, Michigan. This is definitely a summer beer, and quite refreshing on a sweltering day.  Honestly, it tasted like a PBR to me...which is fine, I like PBR.  I was hoping for something a little bit more special, but whatever.  Sometimes an easy-peasy, light and cold brew is all I require.
 
 
So, if you like cute packaging & the taste of PBR, I'd say give this one a shot! :) 
 

I hope you all have a great weekend!  Head on over to see what Kristin's drinking this week, and link up with your own sippings below.

 

2 comments:

  1. PBR tastes like summer to me for some reason. I will keep an eye out for this one though....maybe switch it up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the perfect summer beer! I'm always looking for something light(er) to take to the beach with me (cans are preferable). I don't mind PBR, and I love the graphics and packaging!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!