May 16, 2013

what to wear~ spring dress

 
 
 
 
This week the girls & I are showing off our spring dresses.  While daydreaming at work (shhh, don't tell, haha), I was trying to think of which dress I would wear for this shoot.  Finally I remembered this dress that stays tucked in the back of my closet, and I knew that this was the one.  I bought it less than a year ago from ModCloth when they had a crazy sale going on, but had no purpose for it at all other than I loved it & just thought it was pretty.  It turned out to be a little too fancy for most occasions, so I've only worn it once in public so far (to a Regina Spektor concert!  love her!!).
 
 
Thankfully I had an excuse to toss this beauty on for a few in the backyard, and enjoy a brew with my lover afterward.  My friend Carla recently sent me this cute headband she found at a craft store made out of an old necktie!  How cute!
 
 
Oh, I just discovered we have lilac bushes in our yard!  Yes!!  Thanks Mom, for pointing that out, haha.  I really didn't notice them till she said something; they're on the sides of our yard (one on each), and right on the fence line.  I had to eyeball the trunks down to the ground to make sure they were even on our side, and they are!
 
 
 
 
just bein' a goof; trying to look like a fairy, haha.  love my toadstool birdbath!
Go check out Nicole's blog throughout the day to see some more spring dresses, & link up with your own! :)

14 comments:

  1. A) Regina Spektor concert! Jealous.
    B) That bird bath is out of control amazing.
    C) How do you make a headband look so good? I seriously look like a complete dork when I try that look.
    D) I'm glad you got to pull out one of your fancy, fun dresses for this shoot. You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had a soft spot for the fancy dress with boots. Probably high school in the 90s did this to me... That is a lovely dress and I love how you personalized it and added your spin. Your yard looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm in love with our yard; it's kind of like a jungle right now since we haven't mowed yet, but we kind of like it that way. :)

      Delete
  3. It's so beautiful! I love all the layers of tulle and lace...it's dreamy!

    I've got a couple of necktie headbands myself. They are super easy to make, and there are always so many interesting ties to choose from at the thrift store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very springy outfit! that dress is so perfect! All of my dresses tend to be to fancy but I always wear them anyways cause it makes me feel good haha.
    And that bird bath is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess you might as well, right?! I need to find more occasions to bring this baby out.

      Delete
  5. Oh Sarah, you are a beauty! Those eyes...! Enjoy YOUR lilacs!!! ~mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks momma. :) I got those eyes from you, you know!

      Delete
  6. I've admired that dress before! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is super superpretty! I would wear it every day hahaha. Oh and I love the 'vibe' with the headband. At first I thought it were fish printed on it :p xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am soooo so so so drooling over that dress! I love the tulle peeking out underneath! The belt looks amazing with it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thank you! It was a good deal I just couldn't pass up! love me some lace.

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh! You are looking the CUTEST here! That headband just makes it. And I'm still swooning over your tattoo. Can I pick your brain? Did you draw it and what was the inspiration?

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!