May 13, 2013

let's drink~ strawberry lemonade

 
After a trip to a downtown antique store with my Mom a few days ago, and the purchase of a little glass fruit juicer, I knew I wanted to try it out right away.  I was immediately reminded of Sondra's instagram post from a few weeks ago of some scrumptious-looking strawberry lemonade, and I knew that's what I wanted to make first.  I bought a bag of lemons, and a box of strawberries on my way home, then googled a few recipes and got to work.
 
 
I ended up using this recipe, but with only 5 lemons instead of 6, since that's what came in my bag.  Let me tell you guys, this was so simple, and soooo delicious!  Wow!  You simply must try this!  I will be making more again for sure, but probably not until the weather warms up a bit again (it's super chilly here!!).  It's really not uber lemon-y, and not sour at all because the strawberries sort of take over, but shazam!  This is about as fresh as you can get right here!  I added some vodka to my individual drinks (not the entire pitcher, in case I wanted one straight-up) for a little something extra. ;)
 
 
 

 
I hope you all have a good Monday!  I have the day off of work, and hope to be somewhat productive around the house, including relaxing time which I'm accomplishing right now, hehe!

6 comments:

  1. Haven't heard that song in ages! Lemonade is such a refreshing beverage...I'll have to get my Mom's glass juicer out & giver er' a whirl when it warms up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, yum!!! This looks so good, I've always love the strawberry and lemon combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love strawberries but kind of hate them in everything else haha. I don't like strawberry icecream of strawberry pie or strawberry milk. I haven't tried strawberry lemonade yet though :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, it does look delicious :D

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!