May 31, 2013

food & beer friday~ threadless india pale ale

 
This week I decided to grab my reusable six-pack canister and make a mixed bunch, so now I have a bunch of tasty beers awaiting me for the next few weeks!  One of our local liquor stores offers 10% off a mixed six-pack, and .50 cents off when you bring back their cardboard container.  Not much, but eh...why not?  Recycle plus save a little; I'm all for it!
 
I've been curious about Finch's Beer Co.'s drink with the Threadless artwork on them for a little while, and finally decided to pick one up.  If you're not familiar with Threadless, you should check them out.  They make mostly t-shirts, with really great art on them.  Mike & I both have a few of them, and some of them are pretty funny!
 
 
Sooo, the beer.  I've got another one out of Chicago for ya, folks.  It was good...but sort of surprised me at first taste.  I was expecting more of that familiar hoppy flavor I'm used to, but was met with a strong malty, bitter flavor.  There are hints of caramel tucked in there as well.  Overall, it was a good drink, but will not be the last IPA I ever drink (as hoped by the website description, :).
 
 
I had this beer with some white cheddar mac 'n' cheese, and it made for a delicious dinner.  At 6%, it was an easy way to end the evening.  My belly was satisfied. :)
 
 
Please don't leave before checking out Kristin's brew of choice this week!  We'd also love it if you'd link up with what you've been drinking; we're always up for new brews suggestions!
 
 

exploring woods

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the artwork on the can! Oh and a mixed six-pack is always what I do! I can't handle a whole six-pack of the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too cool that Threadless teamed up for a beer. And I love me some IPAs. I just started following your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!