May 03, 2013

food & beer friday~ Ranger IPA by New Belgium

 
This is probably my second favorite IPA (right behind my forever-fav, Two Hearted by Bell's) as of now.  New Belgium is newly found on the grocery shelves of us Michigan-ders, and we're oh-so-delighted to meet them!  Among this beer, there are a few others that are absolutely fabulous (I just spotted another one last night I have yet to try; an Imperial IPA!  eep!).
 
 
Originally out of Colorado, New Belgium expanded into Asheville, North Carolina out of popularity & need for growth.  Ranger runs at 6.5% ABV, and is sooo hoppy!  I'm not sure what it is about hops that I love, but the hoppier the better!  I paired this beer with some good ol' pizza from Jets!  (btw, I'll probably be pairing lots of beers with pizza...it's the perfect combo, right?!  Plus I eat lots of the stuff.).  The mushrooms on this pizza ended up being canned and rubbery, which was a bummer because I love mushrooms, but once tossed aside, deeelish!
 
 
Go see what Kristin's been drinking, and come back to link up your own drinks & recipes!  Don't have one this week?  It's okay, we'll be back next week with more. ;)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh New Belgium. Not sure if you guys are into sour beers, but their Lips of Faith series is pretty freaking awesome! I'm also digging their new Shift beer in cans for summer and beach drinking. Believe it or not, I don't think I've had the Ranger (probably because I'm preferable to Terrapin's Hopsecutioner IPA).

    Ps. you'd love Asheville if you ever made it down to NC!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!