April 01, 2013

on the trail again

 
 
 
Mike found a new-to-us trail to hike the other day before I had to take off for work.  It was a sunny and warm(er) day, and oh-so nice out.  He spotted these flowers, the first I've seen of the season!  (I don't actually read those trail signs, I get too bored and impatient to keep hiking.
 
 
We were warned at the trail head by an older couple that had just gotten back that it was uber wet out, and to take heed.  We thanked them, and headed off to see what would happen.  It was good until we got to a floating dock through the marsh; when the trail spilt, it literally sunk under the water, and we decided to turn around at that point.  We both wanted to keep moving on and see what was ahead, but we had our dog with us, who wasn't too keen on even walking the dock in the first place, let alone through some water.  Next time we've venture out without him and explore the further reaches of the trail.
 
 
 
 
It was so nice to get outside agian, and I look forward to many more walks in the near future!  Have you explored any trails lately, or enjoyed some time in the great outdoors?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks so lovely. I love that shot of the trees in the ice. The green moss really pops with the white and brown surrounding it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty?! I can't wait till things green up a bit more, but the ice was pretty cool.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you finally have flowers! Looks like you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soo nice to see them popping up!

      Delete
  3. I've been there! Great place to walk. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!