April 26, 2013

food & beer friday~ three philosophers

 
 
This week for Food & Beer Friday, I was running a little behind, but managed to get a drink in for y'all last night after a long day at work. ;)  I picked up this Belgian beer by Ommegang in Cooperstown N.Y. called Three Philosophers.  It comes in at 9.7% ABV, containing 98% ale, and 2% ale with cherries added.  The suggested pairings for this beer were either a strong cheese, dessert, or simply drunk as an after dinner beer.  I chose dessert, hehe!
 
 
I found some black cherry amaretto gelato in the frozen section while browsing; originally thinking I'd just pick up some ice cream sandwiches, but I'm so glad I found this!  Mmmm...it's so tasty, and paired with this beer, was the perfect after work wind-down.  I picked up on hints of cherry, and a bit of sour.  There's something about a sour beer that I just love.
 
 
 
What have you been drinking lately?  Make sure you link up with Kristin from Skinny Jeans & a Chai Latte and I throughout the weekend and grab the button below! :)
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yum and yum! I know I've had this beer before, but it's been a while. I need to try it again. And with some ice cream?! Yes please!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!