April 19, 2013

food & beer friday~ organic chocolate stout

 
 
 
Mmmm, yum...
This was my first time trying Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout, and *sigh*.  It was delicious.  I have a huge sweet tooth so I'm sure that didn't hinder the tasting in the least.  Now, I like stouts, but it just all depends on the specific stout...I really don't care for ones that are really frothy and have a lo of air to them, like whipped cream; it just makes me feel sick.  This one did not have that effect, as it went down very smoothly.
 
 
Mike didn't like this beer very much because it tasted like straight-up chocolate. :)  I think that's what made it so good, haha!  There's hardly any alcohol taste, and it's just so...mmm...
If you don't like beer very much, and love chocolate, I think I'd be safe to say you'd like this!  At 5% ABV, it's light enough to enjoy with brunch (like I did!), or after dinner with some dessert.  Samuel Smith's is out of Tadcaster, North Yorkshire in the UK.  The fact that it's organic is a win for this hipster heart here. :)
 
 
My brunch was way too big!  Let's just say my eyes were bigger than my stomach, eh?  I had a de-licious asiago cheese bagel, some frozen berries, the chocolate stout, and I made an apple pie smoothie (which I ended up saving for the next days lunch).  Soooo good; I recommend you try this beer if you see it on your store shelves!
 
 
Go check out what Kristin's been drinking over at Skinny Jeans & a Chai Latte!  If you've had something amazing to drink lately that you can't wait to tell us about, please link up!  Grab the button below and go to town; it'll be open all weekend, so you have a bit of time.  If not this week, there's always the next. ;)  Happy Friday!!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! I reviewed this beer back around V-day (it's release), and I felt the same way! Straight chocolate! I don't even have much of a sweet tooth myself, but I loved it. Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so yummy! Sorry, I should really check to see what you've alrady done in the past. :P

      Delete
  2. Hopped over from Kristin's blog... CHOCOLATE? Oh my goodness, I'm not a beer person but I may need this in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by! You should give this one a shot, it's so good! :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm. Chocolate beer...interesting. I'm not usually a fan of beer that tastes like something other than beer, but I do like a good dark stout! I've never seen this brand locally, but I'll have to run it by my BFF Beer Connoisseur and see what he has to say!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!