April 07, 2013

clothing purge

 
The time has come to clean out my closet and give it some room to breathe a little.  Every now and then, I'll go through and donate a few items that I no longer wear, but lately I've just felt like there are so many things in there that I'm just not crazy about.  I really want to love what I wear, and not just have wear things to have something on my body.  I think a lot of us feel the same way in that clothing is an expression of who we are, and I love being able to express myself this way.
 
Soooo, I went through my closet and ripped a bunch of clothes off of hangers, folded them neatly, and donated them to my favorite thrift store; Salvation Army.  I tried not to think about it too much, because I tend to hoard clothes away, thinking, "but maybe I'll wear that sometime!"  Nope, just get rid of it.  If I haven't worn it in a long time, it's out.
 

I'm going to try to be pickier when buying clothing, and only buy things that I really like.  hehe, when I dropped off my donated clothes yesterday, I of course had to go in and shop for a while, and have already replaced some of them with a few new-to-me pieces.  I'll share what I got with you shortly!

4 comments:

  1. At least you thrifted the clothes! I just did a MAJOR closet haul in January and it felt so good. It helped me break out a lot more clothes that I had forgotten I even had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It feels great; I can see what's in my closet so much better!

      Delete
  2. Getting rid of unnecessary things is such a good feeling to me. I can actually really enjoy it. But shopping afterwards is equally as fun haha. I think I've got rid of everything I won't wear in the near future. Although I still have some items just because of some sentimental value!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup! haha, I like hoarding things, but it does feel good to purge sometimes.

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!