April 09, 2013

breathe deep & organize

 
I'm sure many of you know who Kaylah from The Dainty Squid is; she's pretty famous in blog-land.  I love her style; she's so unique and has amazing taste.  A while back she blogged about a rack she purchased to hold her manymany bottles of nail polish.  It's been on the back-burner of my mind for a while now, but I finally broke down and bought one as well.  It's just a cheaply made little thing, but it's so great because it keeps everything organized, out of the way, and easy to choose your colors while polishing (you can find them here).
 
 
I hung my rack in my craft room where it seems to fit in nicely.  Pulling all these little bottles out of my bathroom drawer was such a relief.  My drawer is pretty small, so with all of these crammed in the back I didn't have room for much else.
 
 
On my thrifting trip a few days ago, I picked up these two little plastic baskets, and they now live happily in my bathroom drawer keeping all my makeup and things in one place.  It feels so good to give things their own space and be able to find them without a problem. 
 

I'm slowly trying to switch my makeup over to Lush products...I kind of went on a crazy shopping spree this morning, eep! I'm such a sucker for things with good causes (lush has vegan products, doesn't test on animals, and they have the charity pot lotion where all the $$ from the sale of that particular lotion goes to help a multitude of different causes).  Other than that I'm a cheapskate, but I'll go crazy if something has a good cause. :P

Anyhoo, there's my latest organization project.  Have you found any ways to organize your life lately?

2 comments:

  1. You might want to check out ELF products at Target,too. TThey're super cheap (like $1-$5), work great, don't test on animals and are vegan, too. Nice looking organization, it feels so good to have things neat! (Not that mine ever are!)

    xx sondra
    http://www.abhayyoga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, thank you! I've seen ELF stuff (and even tried their mascara once) but didn't know that about them. I'll have to check them out again for sure!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!