April 08, 2013

birthday homebrew

 
When Mike was deciding what to brew next (not sure if I've mentioned before that he home-brews beer...but he does, and he's amazing at it), he threw out the idea making an IPA next.  I got super excited of course, since that's my favorite style of beer, and exclaimed, "It could be my birthday beer!!"  So, this IPA is now mine, haha!
 
Here are a few photos of bottling night.  I'm hoping it will be carbonated enough to crack open on my bday in a week!
 
(siphoning the beer out of the carboy)
 
(Mike always pours a little into a glass to taste-test before bottling; pretty weird drinking un-carbonated beer, and it changes so much with time!  So far it's good, but has a bit of an odd flavor; sweet almost.)
 
 
 
(Moss was supervising the bottling production.)
 
Can't wait to try it in a week (hopefully)!

If you'd like to contribute to giving clean water to people in honor of my bday, you can read my post about it here, and find the link to give here.  Only one week till my bday people, let's make this happen! :)

6 comments:

  1. We homebrew beer too! It's so much fun! We keg our beer though, my husband set up a bar in our basement for it. But we bottled a lot back in the day, so these pictures bring back memories! I love IPA's too - hope it turned out deliciously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! My hubby is probably going to get a mini kegging system soon, so we'll see how that goes. :)

      Delete
  2. That's fun! Probably something my boyfriend would like a lot. Hopefully it'll be ready on your birthday, must be awesome to drink your own beer. You should make custom labels! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He should get into it!

      I've thought about making labels before! we always reuse the bottles for different beers though, so it seems like sort of a waste... :)

      Delete
  3. Yum! Since D is so immersed in the beer world already, he doesn't homebrew. It's so fun coming up with different flavors and styles to brew though.We had a home brewed beer for our wedding, but for your birthday?! That's the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's understandable! That's so sweet that you had a homebrew at your wedding! My bday beer wasn't quite ready for my actual birthday, so we will see how it is later!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!