March 24, 2013

what's in my wardrobe~ kickin' stripes

 
I finally got to bust my cowboy boots back out yesteday!  It's nearly impossible to wear them in the winter, because they have zero traction; I found that out the hard way a few years ago when I stepped on some ice with them on.  Although I didn't fall, limbs were flying in every direction for a few moments.  That's when I decided they were only to be worn in dry conditions.  I know, I know, there's totally snow in these pics, but this is my backyard folks, and it hasn't completely melted out there yet.  The pavement, etc. that I need to walk on in public is dry as a bone though, so I'm safe. ;)
 
 
This is my first time wearing this skirt even though I found it at the thrift store months ago.  I'm still not quite sure I like it...I mean, I do with this outfit, but it's a little longer than I'd like (I have to yoink it up over my belly-button in order for it to be this short and the feeling drives me crazy!).  I'm not sure I can alter it because it's pretty much a sweater, and I'm afraid if I chop into it it'll be a goner.
 
 
Check the earrings I won over at Dusty Country Road!  Aren't they beautiful?  I love 'em, and have been wearing the snot out of them!  If you haven't yet discovered Jaqui's blog, go take a peek; she's pretty awesome!
 
 
 
outfit details-
shirt- Target // earrings- Dusty Country Road // glasses- Coastal // sweater & skirt- thrifted // leggings- american apparel // boots- garage sale

4 comments:

  1. Adorable skirt! I'm glad you broke it out! Have you tried just folding it down (if that will work with the thickness/material)? So cute though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a good idea, although I think it'd be too thick and look funny with this skirt. It's not too bad really yanking it up high, just a bit annoying, haha!

      Delete
  2. SUPER cute, I love the stripes and mixed prints! That skirt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!