March 21, 2013

what to wear~ floral



I felt a wee bit like an 80's rock star in this outfit, with my hair all poofy and lots of blush and all.  I'm not sure I'd actually go into public wearing this (yet I publish it on the internet...); I think I'd need a little more confidence before taking the first step out the door.  Mostly, confidence that my thigh highs wouldn't fall down to my ankles...haha.


Before doing this photo shoot, I didn't think I'd have much in the floral department, but I kept finding more things to incorporate, like my jewelry.  Aaand it helped that I made a trip to the mall the morning of and found this lace top (on sale for $5, woo!).  Oh, and my tattoo is in the floral department, but I'm always wearing that.

outfit details:
lace top- Charlotte Russe // floral tank- hand-me-down // shorts & thigh highs- Target // shoes- payless? // earrings- the mall (either f21 or charlotte russe) // ring- modcloth

If you'd like to link up with the What to Wear-ers or see what the rest of us wear in floral, pop on over to Gypsy in Jasper.  Join us next time if you'd like for what to wear to work, on April 4!

p.s.~  guess who's on Twitter now?!  Yup, me~ exploringwoods; but if you don't believe me go see for yourself!

14 comments:

  1. First of all, let me compliment your wallpaper. I LOVE it as a backdrop.

    Second, I'm nervous about thigh-highs too. I've never made it out of the house in them. I do love your outfit though and I love the 80s rocker look on any and everyone! It's a great look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I love our wallpaper as well; pretty sure it's original, and our house was built in 1952. eek! :)

      as for the thigh highs... I was wearing one of those clippy belt things, but it does not have my complete faith in it, so yah... we'll see.

      Delete
  2. I love the outfit! You look lovely! And the photos are amazing! =}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I can not even think about anything other than the tattoo!! Mine is going on my inner bicep (but not until JUNE!! oh the horror), but this makes me want one there. Love, love, love. A girl after my own heart...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D JUNE! uagghhhH! It's so hard to wait when you want it so bad!

      Delete
  4. I swear I used to have a dress with the exact same pattern as those shorts! Love them - and the rest of the outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those floral shorts are to die for! The only thigh-highs I own are thick wool ones, and I wear them all the time. They stay up on their own, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that's awesome! thank goodness! gotta worry about these little suckers, haha!

      Delete
  6. I actually seen you in more 'bold' outfits than these you know :p Love the lace top. Oh and your tattoo, duh! I don't think I've seen it 'up close'. And I still don't know what it says haha. But it does look awesome from what I see. To make a long story short, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. ;) I just almost felt a bit skanky in this outfit, so I was a bit worried...I dunno.

      Oh, and my tattoo is a verse from the bible, it says, "the wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from or where it is going." then it has a dry dandelion with the seeds blowing, a feather, and some wind.... :)

      Delete
  7. This outfit is so fun! It looks like a really great day-of-friends-and-coffee-shops vibe, especially during the summer time. Definitely not too risque, but super playful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! yah, I think it'd make a good coffee date outfit; sounds good!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!