March 11, 2013

lumberjack

Like I mentioned yesterday, most of our day was spent at a disc golf tournament that Mike was in.  I walked along with his group through the ice and puddles as their spectator.  After two rounds of 18 holes with lunch in between, Mike was declared the winner of his division!  Wooo!  Here his is with his sweet trophy (kind of hard to tell from this angle, but it's a hatchet sticking a disc into a slab of wood).
 
 
He also earned points that were good for merchandise, so he got to pick out a bunch of loot as well!  Never having been to a disc golf tournament, it was fun for me to tag along and see what goes on.  It's crazy serious, like ball golf, where you can't say a word, cough, sniffle, etc. while the players are throwing; yipes!  Thankfully I'm really good at being quiet.  Gotta sneeze?  save it, lol.
 
 
It turned out to be a really overcast day, but a lot warmer than it has been around these parts.  It was really beautiful by this little pond!  The fog was hanging in the air above the water, and there were ducks standing on the edge of the ice.  I was still freezing for the first half of the day, but the temp slowly crept upward.  Pretty sure I had a puddle hanging out inside my shoe by the end, so it was nice to get home and rip those soggy socks off!
 
 
 
I found this heart in the snow by the playground before things got going. :)
 
 

We ended our day with two free pizzas from Papa Johns, and our fav. beer.  Yep, it was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. How to cool that he was first! Must be pretty exciting. Still getting used of the idea of disc golf. I can't believe we don't even know around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Lumberjack Mikey!!! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!