March 03, 2013

back to the grind


I'm not a runner.  Never have been.  Last spring however, I took it up and ran my first and only 5K, then promptly stopped running.  It got too hot, yaddayadda, excuses.  I think I'm going to take it up again though, and run the same 5K again this year.  There's also an Earth Day 5K run through the woods at our local Nature Center that I'm going to try, which I'm sure will be way different compared to running the roads.  They are only like a week apart from each other, but I don't think it'll be too big of a deal.  Anyhoo, my plan is to start training soon after our vacation is over.  Hopefully most of the snow will be melted on the roads and I'll be able (and have the drive) to get out there.  Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I'm thinking about taking it up too. There's a running group at my gym that's training for a 5k and I'm seriously thinking about joining them. I'm terrified I won't be able to keep up though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck to you as well! Don't worry about keeping up...my goal in the 5K I ran was just to finish, and I made it!

      Delete
  2. Good luck girl! And anyone can be a "runner" if you set your mind to it! I was always an on and off "runner," but then running sort of changed my life. I'm still constantly talking myself into starting and finishing while I'm actually running ;) Excited to see how training progresses for you! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I've been wanting to start the 30 day shred for weeks now and I finally did today which feels so great! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that; sounds interesting! good luck!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!