January 05, 2013

wheat thins~ revised!

 
I've written about homemade wheat thins once before, and after some inspiration from Nicole, (quite a while ago actually, and I'm just getting around to it!) decided to give it a go again.  I decided to spice things up a bit this time with some garlic and rosemary.  You can find the original recipe here to use as your base, then add whatever you want to them!
 
 
I chopped up some rosemary and garlic, and mixed it into the cracker dough, versus sprinkling on top.  I like it when the flavors are all mixed in instead of falling off the top.  I had some almond flour on hand, and decided to substitute it for some of the all purpose flour.
 
 
 

These ended up turning out super yummy, even the ones that were slightly burned.  I don't know if I'll ever make these again without adding some sort of flavor.  I just finished them up for lunch with some yummy cheddar and mozzarella.  You should definitely try a batch!

Happy Saturday, everyone!  It's a sunny one here, which makes me pretty happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!