January 23, 2013

what's in my wardrobe~ plaid hearts

 
 
 
Who's ready for summer?  *raises hand*...
 
Dudes, this snow is really pretty and all, but I'm kind of tired of being cold.  We keep our house pretty chilly, like 62 degrees F, for cost reasons, so it's our choice really, but holy moley!  Also I'm getting a little better at it, but I seem to overdress for work a lot.  I'm fine at home, but then I get there and I'm so hot, haha!  It doesn't help that my job requires a lot more of me physically now than it ever did before.
 
 
I got stuck on some ice yesterday on my way to work.  I had to stop at a light on an upward incline (so slight, but it made the difference I guess), and when the light turned green, I spent the entire light trying to go.  Then it turned red again.  Boo.  I managed to creep forward enough to a flat-ish spot that when the light turned green again, I made it through with barely enough time.  I might like winter a little more if I never had to drive in it, but I absolutely despise winter driving.
 
 
 
I adorned this little sweater with a felt heart last year after seeing a DIY on A Beautiful Mess.  Snazzed it up a bit, and I rather like how it turned out.
 
 
Today I'm hoping to be somewhat productive since I don't have to work.  I'm always tempted to just relax and be lazy on my days off, but I must resist!  I'm off to wash some dishes!
 
Have a great hump day!

10 comments:

  1. That outfit is so cute! I love the heart on the sweater and way to go for making it! I saw her tutorial but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I also saw one somewhere about needle felting with yarn into an old sweater, and using a cookie cutter to shape it, which I want to try as well. I totally hear you about keeping the temperature down--that's what blankets and sweaters are for! Way cheaper than a heating bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! Felting sounds like a fun project to try one day.
    and yeah, sweaters & blankets all around! I used to be super upset at my parents for this growing up, but I totally get it now. Now they freeze when they come over to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sweater is awesome. Really cool that you did it yourself :) I have been wanting to try elbow patches for a while! Oh and I hate ice too. Snow is fine, but ice is a bitch. This is my first year driving in the snow actually haha. So far so good I guess :D xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh elbow patches are so cute! You should do it! Careful in the snow! :)

      Delete
  4. Cute. I hate when I'm at a light and can't get any traction. Ugh. We keep our place really cold to save money, too - and it's good, but I'm getting sick of sweaters and blankets all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, I'm ready for short and tshirts again!

      Delete
  5. i really love your whole outfit, looks like something i'd def be wearing. it's been super crazy cold here in NY (negative digits everyday) and we keep our house at 58! so yeah.. lots of layers and blankets

    ps what is that watch?! it's awesome!

    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. brrr! and I thought our house was cold! :)
      thanks for stopping by! I checked out your blog and it looks really interesting. Always fun to find new reads and meet people.
      as for my watch, I got it out of the lost and found where I work, haha. It says taco bell on the back though, so I'm sure it was in some child's take out meal at one point.

      Delete
    2. i saw you have my button (say no to plastic) on your blog - so i thought you were already a reader! haha guess my buttons got around without my blog knowing hahahah

      Delete
    3. ah! I didn't make the connection until just now. I grabbed the button when you did a guest post on Gypsy and Jasper back in July b/c I hate plastic bags and want to spread the word! Thanks for the button!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!