January 21, 2013

what's in my wardrobe~ lace & braids

 
 
 
It was a chilly but sunny day, just like today when Mike took these photos of me.  First a few with my jacket, then quick!  snap some pics with my coat off!   I attempted maiden braids for the first time here.  They turned out super sloppy, but I liked them enough to wear all day anyway.  It'd be nice to have someone who could do it for me and actually see what they're doing so it'd be a bit more presentable.
 
 

Isn't that little bird earring so cute?  I found a pair while thrifting a few days ago, and thought I'd mix it up with a different earring for this outfit, even though I do have its partner.  These just seemed to fit together.  I'm a bit tempted to go back to the thrift store, because they had just gotten in a huge donation of jewelry and were still in the process of putting it all out.

Well I have the day off of work, and it's certainly been a lazy one to begin with.  I slept in with my kitten for a while, and I'm still in my pajamas with a foggy head.  We ran out of coffee yesterday, and I'm hoping that tea will suffice , but I have my doubts.

Cookie-making and some mod podge are in my foreseeable future (although thankfully not together).

4 comments:

  1. That coat looks so comfortably warm and amazing! Also yes to mixing and matching earrings :-) Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It makes it nice when you lose an earring too, so you can still wear at least one! :)

      Delete
  2. That lace top is superpretty! And taking decent outfit pictures in the cold is a pain in the ass haha. Especially now that I always use my tripod!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I don't know if I'd have the patience to take my own photos outside in this cold!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!