January 09, 2013

thoughts on grocery shopping

Just a bit of a random post for the day; something I've had on the back burner for a bit.  What do you guys think about grocery shopping?  Do you feel as if you have to gear up like this little guy (so cute!) before hitting up the aisles, or do you enjoy it and take your time?
 
 
Although I'd like to say I'm like the woman below, having a jolly old time, I really kind of despise it.  Don't get me wrong, I love having a fully stocked cupboard and refrigerator, but what takes place to get to that point is no picnic.  I'm really not a patient person, but I try to be as civil as possible.  I don't ever lash out on others, but boy do I get heated up inside; it seriously stresses me out.  I'm a fast walker, and I know where I want to go and I want to get there quickly, so when I get stuck behind someone, it drives me crazy.
 
It's really best when Mike is able to go with me; he drives the shopping cart, and I carry the list and name off what we need to pick up next.  He's really good at navigating, and says you can do whatever you want as long as you say "excuse me," hehe.  If I'm driving, I tend to hang back and watch other people, trying to decipher their next move and not cut anyone off or cause any issues.  I feel like there need to be some traffic lanes painted on the floor or something; maybe some stop signs or lights...ha.
 
 
By the time I'm done, I feel a bit like this woman.  A few times now, I've gone grocery shopping super late at night, and I think I ought to sick with it (although I'm really not a night owl...or a morning person...heck, I just like to sleep).  The store is so empty, you can just fly through there, it's super!  Yeah, you might have to dodge some stockers or boxes on the floor, dig out a can of soup from a package that's not yet on the shelf, but wow...
 
This kind of makes me sound like a horrible person, right?  Are you guys like this as well, or is it just me?
 
 
Oh, and another thing.  Mike and I have this thing where we hate taking more than one trip into the house with our bags, so we end up like this guy, tripping all over the place, making faces and balancing things in a slow shuffle to the door.  We call ourselves the One-Trip-Pete's (b/c that's my last name, fyi).

Welp, it's a sunny one here today, which is the best medicine.  I need to get going and do a few errands before going to work for the night.  See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious.

    I can love grocery shopping and I can hate it. I hate it when the store is overflowing with people. I hate it when people stop two wide in an aisle. I hate it when the thing I want is sold out. And, I hate waiting in a line to check out. Oh! And I also hate it when I'm broke and the last thing I want to do is spend money on food.

    BUT... I love it when I have a well thought out list in hand that has been written so that the next item is always in the same aisle as the last or in the next aisle, so I'm not weaving from one end of the store to the next, but rather going through it one aisle at a time without missing a thing. I also love finding sweet deals. And, I love when Ian gets inspired by a piece of food. (That means I'm going to get a delicious meal out of the deal!)

    Grocery shopping is a tricky mistress. But, it's a necessary one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind grocery shopping- but our stores suck. You have to go to at least three different grocery stores to get all that you need... that get's a bit tiresome

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!