January 02, 2013

let's eat~ eggnog truffles

 
For Christmas, I tried my hand at making truffles.  I found a recipe for some eggnog truffles that sounded really tasty, and whipped them up.  You can find the recipe here if you're interested.  They turned out really good, and are now a thing of the past as they have been scarfed down.
 
 
 
As you can see, I also made some homemade peanut butter cups.  The recipe for those can be found on A Beautiful Mess' blog.  These were really good as well, but a bit too big.  They're really rich, and I made them in a full size muffin tin, rather than a mini muffin tin as suggested.  Mike and I both figured we might as well go all out and full size, but not so.  Oh, and Mike's not a huge chocolate fan anyway, but would've preferred milk chocolate over the semi sweet it called for.  They were most delicious, though!
 

Did you cook up anything new this year, or just stick to traditional goodies?

4 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! I love chocolate and peanut butter :) And pretty new design you have going on here!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I thought it was time for a change, and I finally figured out how to do some more stuff to my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Your truffles & pb cups were DELICIOUS! :D I made a new recipe of coconut thumbprint cookies w/ salted caramel...I really like them, but ended up consuming too many of them! You have to make sure you have a coconut buddy or 2 to share with. Ahh well! Now to burn off those extra calories! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm, a different recipe or just another batch? They were good, thanks for bringing them!
      You guys should've taken some leftovers home, because we've been eating way too much here as well!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!