January 18, 2013

challenge

Last night Mike and I watched an amazing documentary on Netflix.  Usually it takes us a while to decide on something to watch during dinner, and sometimes dinner comes and goes and we haven't picked anything yet.  This time though, Mike pulled up Netflix, and BAM!  There was this movie, Vegucated, sitting there calling my name.  I think I'd heard the title somewhere before (Vegetarian Times perhaps??), and that's what intrigued me.  Anyway, easy choice.
 
 
I would love it if all of my readers would watch this documentary.  I know that's kind of a lot to ask, and I'm trying to think of an incentive of some sort to make people want to watch this, but just know that it's one of the best documentaries I've seen in a while.  I think it's something everyone should see.  Everyone.  I'm already a vegetarian, and I don't know if I'll switch to being a vegan or not (what the movie is about) because I just love cheese so darn much!  But I think that if you choose to eat meat, you need to know where it's coming from and what the animals are going through.  Period.  There's no reason for you not to know.  This film moved me to tears, and I had a hard time eating my dinner (nothing to do with what I was eating, just eating in general was hard because I was pretty upset).
 
If you don't have Netflix, you can just go to their website and sign up for a free 30 day trial (that's what we're doing right now; we aren't actually subscribers).  You just have to make sure you unsubscribe at the end of the 30 days.
 
I'm a pretty negative person, and it's hard for me to see the good in the world when it seems to be so far gone.  Can I really make a difference?  I know that there are people who just won't change, and that's all I seem to focus on, but I know I need to focus on the good as well... the people who are doing good in the world and so on.
 
So, holy cow... (no pun intended...).  Sorry if I sound like a mean B; I need to find a way of spreading what I believe in a positive way rather than getting angry.  It makes me really want to start doing something that makes a difference, rather than just going through life working an average joe job.... things to think about (and hopefully do!).
 
Please let me know if you watch this film, and what you think of it.  If you do, I'd like to send you some snail mail or something in appreciation, so please email me your address! (found in the contact tab at the top.)
 
Hoping you all have a good Friday; thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I've read about it already on my mod style and it's on my to watch list when my exams are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen it pop up on my my Netflix, but I've passed it over. I'm a "mostly vegetarian" (I eat a small amount of meat less than once/week). I hear ya with the cheese, I don't know what I'd do without it! I'll definitely give this movie a watch sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to check out this documentary...and show my husband! I chose to become a vegetarian (although more of a "flexitarian") a year ago for moral reasons (where meat comes from). I'm the same with vegan...I just LOVE cheese! I've cut out dairy most of the time though. Thanks for spreading the word about this documentary though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very cool! thanks for stopping by and taking interest in the documentary! I keep trying to guilt my hubby in to going veg, but it hasn't quite worked yet. :) We eat straight up vegetarian at home, so he only eats meat when we go out for now.

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!