December 13, 2012

what to wear~ on a road trip

 
Is everyone ready for Christmas and New Years??  Anyone traveling for the holidays?  This week, the girls and I are demonstrating what to wear on a road trip, just in case you're ready to hit the gravel and were wondering what your proper attire should consisted of.
 
Here are a few pictures from our road trip to Detroit a few months ago.  This is what I wore:
 
A big comfy sweater, and hair pulled back in a braid...
 
jeans; some caramel corn to snack on, and my notebook with directions between my legs for navigation.
 
...my rain boots; it was sort of a gloomy, nasty day.
 
See?! :)  Mike's wipers didn't work at the time, so we had the Star Trek effect on the windshield with the help of some rain-x.
 
I didn't get a great shot of my outfit, since I was in the car and just had my phone camera, so I put it back on today for a few more shots.  Not exactly the same this time...I forgot my shoe choice, and I'm wearing my moccasins this time, but you get it.
 
 
 
Yoda was chillin' on the chair behind me, so I had to get a shot of her.

I was talking to a lady at work yesterday about our upcoming segment, and she informed me of some tips for if you're going to be flying anywhere, versus driving, that I never would have thought of...

Apparently, you should not wear nylons or tights, in case of a plan fire, because they'll melt and stick to you....

Wear good walking shoes...

...and don't wear jewelry, again in case of an unfortunate crash landing, you don't want that stuff severing any limbs. :P

Check out the other girls posts today to see what they'd wear on a road trip; enjoy!

Sondra~ Abhaya Yoga
Katherine~ thinkin' outloud

13 comments:

  1. Wow, morbid tips, but good ones. I'm all about the cozy sweater on road trips. It's easy to take off and put on. You can curl up in it like it's a blanket. Basically it's the best road trip item, ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for my morbid tips, haha! She's a funny lady, that one from work...she thinks of everything!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Nicole. Road trips are best when accompanied by a comfy sweater!

    I am flying this season, so those tips are actually very timely. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your sweater collection. It makes me jealous, but in a friendly way! And those tips are super morbid--they just up'd my car anxieties by like ten points ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you! I got this one at an older lady's garage sale, so that makes me like it even more.

      Sorry to worry you!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, those tips! :p It is true though haha. And I don't know what it is but I think that first picture with your braid is so pretty! I wish I owned that sweater :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, thank you! This pic makes me miss my hair though.. It was taken before I got it cut, and even though I didn't get much taken off, I still miss it.

      Delete
  5. Yes! This is the perfect outfit and I adore that sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah. In response to your comment on my blog, no I did not get my pants at Target. I still have a bit of a wait before the first Target opens in Canada! They are from Old Navy actually. I believe they are called "rock star" jeans...oh yes. -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that sweater! And I'm a big fan of my moccasins for pretty much every occasion :) And you can't forget the yummy snacks! Ugh- I wear tights all the time while flying, that is so freaky to think about. Guess I need to alter my flying wardrobe a bit.... Although I already skip the jewelry for the security line nightmare...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry to be creepy. :P I've never flown (with the exception of a tiny plane over my hometown), so I can't imagine the security hassle. I'm glad they have it though! :)

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!