December 16, 2012

Mott's Christmas Barn

 
Ever since I was a small child, I've been coming to this barn nearly every Christmas season.  It's the same every year, and I love it (which I'm sure wasn't always the case...you know, when I was a horrible teenager and such, thinking things like this weren't cool.  Sorry Mom and Dad.).
 
What it is, is a big barn chuck full of cute Christmas decorations.  Plus they have live Christmas trees outside you can pick out.  There are two levels; the lower level, and then two different sides of the upper level, so you're looking over a gap when you're upstairs to the other side.
 
 
One of my favorite things is that they always have hot cider right when you walk in, so we grab a small cup and sip while browsing.  Once you get upstairs, there's free popcorn in one of those old fashioned poppers, and a barrel full of peanuts.  I feel a little guilty taking advantage of all their free things, so I try and buy something small like an ornament.  This year we got a crazy looking raccoon that's oh-so-cute!
 
 
Aren't these vintage-looking glass ornaments so pretty?!
 
 
ha!  A marshmallow wreath!
 

My parents came with Mike and I (well, they ended up driving because they have the bigger vehicle, and know how to get there.   Yeah, yeah, I know I've said I've been there nearly every year of my life, but I still don't know how to get there....don't judge.  My Dad tried explaining on the way there this year, so perhaps I'll remember next year....perhaps.. ).  It was a fun evening, hanging out and soaking in some Christmas spirit. 

After this, we went and saw a crazy house (not insane, just crazy) that goes absolutely berserk with outdoor Christmas decorations.  I'll share that with you in a day or two. ;)

Hope you all are having a relaxing Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like christmas heaven! I love getting new special ornaments :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to visit this place! I love rustic decor and so perfect for Christmas.

    - Jeanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're local you should toatally go! I think they're only open through tomorrow though!!! :o

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!