December 14, 2012

let's eat~ cinnamon roll waffles

This may just be one of the easiest things to make, ever.  I saw the idea on Pinterest a while ago, and decided to give it a go.  Do you like cinnamon rolls?  Do you like waffles?  Then read on...
 
 
First, buy one of those pre-made tubes of cinnamon roll goop...
 
 
open it up (careful, it's kind of scary)...
 
 
Spray a waffle iron with some grease, and plop one or two cinnamon rolls inside (depending on size, you don't want it to squish out, so play around with it until it's right).
Close the lid, and wait.  I found that I had to take them out a little before the "ready light" came on.  If I left them in there until the light on the waffle iron came on, the were a bit too done, but really not bad.
 
 
Done!  Drizzle with the frosting it came with (if any, otherwise make your own if desired), and eat!  (the dark parts look like it's burned, but not to fret, it's cinnamon!  okay, and maybe a little over-doneness...:)
 

These were really good, and Mike and I scarfed them down pretty quickly for dinner one night.  We did however decide that they may be better as just straight-up cinnamon rolls... they're just not moist like cinnamon rolls usually are, they're a bit drier, but still pretty tasty.

Have you ever put anything other than waffles in a waffle iron?  I want to try cookies next...

I hope you have a good Friday!  Oooh!  and a huge congrats to my friend, Joanna and her husband Nate, who gave birth to her second baby boy yesterday!  love ya girl!!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! What a great idea. I've never bought one of those cinnamon roll tubes but looks like I need to change that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they're terrible for you, but they're fast and pretty tasty. :P

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!