December 30, 2012

craft room makeover

 
I've finally gotten my craft room all painted, set up, and organized.  I'm feeling really great about it, and love how it's looking; it feel so good to have everything put away, and have space to work in.  I haven't really done any projects yet since it's been ready, just packaged up a few things from my Etsy shop to send out.  The above photo is from when we first got our house, before we did anything to it.
 
 
And this is what it looks like now. The room is really small, so it's really important that everything has a place.  That meant a lot of shelving... I got the large black cube shelf at IKEA after seeing Gwenivere's from The Market Darling.  I love her set up, so after a few trips to IKEA because of car space, I picked up a smaller version of my own!
 
 
I took a tip from Marci from Like a Small Fire, and picked up a blanket at a thrift store to use as a throw rug.  I love it!  The colors match the whole theme of the room really well.  While I was there, I also got this bulletin board so I can pin up pretty photos and brainstorming ideas.
 
 
 
 
ooh, check out my new IKEA bucket organizer/thing hanging by the window!  I'm currently keeping glue sticks and markers in it.  IKEA's a dangerous, dangerous place my friends; haha!
 
 
 

If you haven't already, hop on over and enter to win my giveaway of some yummy treats and a coffee mug!

Hope you're having a good Sunday (the last one of 2012!)!  

8 comments:

  1. You made it really pretty! I love that IKEA cabinet too. Also, that banner is really sweet, I wish I had something like that. Or actually, I wish I had a craft room of my own haha. Let us know all of your projects! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I made the banner; you could make one too! It's really easy! I actually just cut out the fabric and stapled it to a hemp string. :) no sewing!

      Delete
  2. Super cute craft room! And yay for blankets-turned-rugs! Glad it worked out well for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks you! and thanks for the idea! :)

      Delete
  3. Great job! I love the green walls. I would have chosen something similar. I love that you're living in a house you can paint and alter how you wish. We rent an apartment, so I don't have that kind of freedom.

    You're doing a great job with your place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying having our own place; it's still weird. I need like a manual or something telling me all the things I'm supposed to do now that I own a home; there are so many more responsibilities! but it's a ton of fun. thanks!!

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous of the big wiiiiiide window!! The room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh, thank you! I tried to get the shelves close to the windows so my cats can climb up there and look out! :) They're pretty high windows, but nice! thank you!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!