November 15, 2012

what to wear~ to a family dinner

 
A family dinner is this week's what to wear occasion.  I honestly haven't had a family dinner in....a long time.  I'm not sure when the last one was really, beyond dinner with just Mike and I.  I am however going to have one this Saturday!  I'm pretty excited that my little brother just got home from Alaska this past Tuesday for a bit, and my sister, her hubby and my nephew are in town from Pennsylvania.  We're all going to meet up at my parent's house after my Dad and I participate in a local craft show for some pizza.  I think I could eat pizza every day for the rest of my life and I'd be okay with it.
 
 
I don't think I would really wear anything crazy special for a family dinner, since we're not really fancy people.  Just something fun and comfortable, and well, me.  This is one example of something I might wear to hang with the fam; we'll see what actually comes to be this weekend! 
 
Here's my giant cat Olive and I; I made her pose with me to make it a little less awkward, but I'm not sure it helped...
 
 
she wasn't very pleased...
 
 
This necklace will be for sale at the craft show this weekend!  It's always tough making stuff, because I just end up wanting to keep it.  Come see me if you're local this Saturday at the Plainwell High School from 10am-4pm! :)
 
 
outfit details:
sweater~ thrifted // thermal shirt~ thrifted // dress~ forever 21 // tights~ Target // socks~ Kohl's // necklace~ handmade // glasses~ coastal
 
 
aaaaad, my ugly dog, haha.  It's okay, he can't help it.
 

Visit the other lovely ladies blogs for more what to wear to a family dinner outfits:

Marcia~ Like a Small Fire // Sondra~ Abhaya // Nicole~ Gypsy in Jasper // Adriana~ Horse of Ares // Dorien~ Bodacious Thought // Lisa~ not ladylike // Katherine~ thinkin' outloud // Amanda~ Salvaged Strawberry // Lisa~ lala faux bois
 


12 comments:

  1. Comfy and laid back...just the way I like it! I love all the peach/pink/orange going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I love about your outfits!? You always have a lot of visual interest. You use layers and patterns and colour and end up with an outfit that no one else would put together. You always look unique and adorable. This outfit is just another example of that creativity.

    Also, that's a great necklace. I hope you have a successful sale this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show should be fun, plus I get to hang out with my fam; thanks! I like trying to make different outfits with things I've had and just mixing it up; you can have so many different looks with the same things! :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE the bright sweater, perfect for a family dinner! And I'm totally with you on the pizza spectrum, I could seriously eat it all the time. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanksthanks! pizza is. amazing. love me some goat cheese on a pizza too! mmmm...

      Delete
  4. That sweater is super cute--I love the ribbon detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! a little brighter than stuff I usually choose, but it's fun. :)

      Delete
  5. I love that sweater too! I love pinkish colours but they don't suit me AT ALL :p I look ridiculous in them! You look really good :) And you do have a giant cat :p but she seems so fluffy and cute! And your dog too xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh, my cat loves to eat; she's really not even that fluffy, just fat! :) it's a bit rediculous how much she loves it; she wakes me up to feed her by knocking things off my nightstand!

      Delete
  6. I love all your layers here and the print of that dress is so cute! Yes, pizza is the greatest, I never get tired of it :) Have fun at the craft show!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!