November 01, 2012

what to wear~ for Halloween

 
Woah!  Happy November y'all!  Can you believe October's over?!  I guess I can, really...it's been good, but I believe it.  I'm here today to show you what I wore last night for Halloween.  I'm beyond not into scary stuff, I'm actually an uber wuss and I get scared so easily!  ...but, I like being the scary one... :) 
 
Mike and I dressed up like zombies this year to greet small children and give them candy.  haha!  turns out no one came, so we have a colander full of candy to devour (and that I will!).  I'm really bummed that no one showed up, but maybe it's for the best; I was really looking forward to scaring them.
 
 
 
outfit details:  black shirt-old; white shirt- old as well~cut and stained by me; tutu- handmade; leggings- don't remember; socks- estate sale; mismatched earrings- thrifted
 
 
We'd been procrastinating carving our pumpkins for a week or so, so tonight was the perfect opportunity.  While the dough for homemade pizza was rising, we dissected our pumpkins, separating the goo from seeds to be cooked later.  I wasn't feeling too hot, and had seen a few segments on some news shows about using power tools to carve your pumpkin.  Thought I'd give it a shot, and riveted mine with holes.
 
 
We had fun dressing up even though no one came to our door.  We watched the newest New Girl, and Corpse Bride, carved our pumpkins, drank some wine (not witches brew; we decided we're sort of over that stuff.  Kind of over did it in the beginning, and killed it.), and ate some delicious pizza.  Man, homemade pizza's the bomb, especially with some goat cheese atop.
 
 
Please, please make sure you stop by my friend's blogs throughout the day as well, to see what they wore for Halloween! 
 
Sondra: Abhaya Yoga
Adriana: Horses of Ares
Katherine: thinkin' outloud
 
What did you end up doing for Halloween?  Did you get any little people at your door?

10 comments:

  1. That make-up is crazy! Love it though. I'm not sure I would make it out of your driveway without being scared for life lol :p xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it's my first time being something scary; Mike's idea! probably a good thing no kids showed up. :)

      Delete
  2. This looks way spooky--especially that shot with you holding the power tool. We never seem to get trick or treaters either, which is lame. Mostly because David and I annihilate the candy ourselves, which is less than ideal. Very well done on your costume, though! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks! I've gotta get crackin' on eating my bucket of candy now. no worries though, love me some sweets!

      Delete
  3. That's too bad no one came by- you guys look amazing! Sounds like a fun night anyway. And you have lots of candy left over so that's good :) Great costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we do have lots of candy! thanks :)

      Delete
  4. I always think I want to go as something scary for Halloween, but I always end up as dorky something-or-other! Love the zombie look! And homemade pizza IS the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate scary things, but it was fun! thank you!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!