November 19, 2012

craft show recap

So my first craft show of three is over, and it went pretty well.  I didn't do super great or make a ton of money, but it was fun!  My Dad did awesome, I'm so happy for him. :)  We're both in another one next weekend, and then another in December (he has one between those two as well!).  Soo, I'll be busy crafting for a while.
 
Here are some pics of my booth (I'm bummed I didn't get one of my Dad's, but I'll make sure to this next weekend).
 
 
pendant necklaces
 
 
bracelets made with cut-outs from Peace Tea cans
 
 
cassette tape wallets
 
 
headbands
 
 
a hodge-podge of rings
 
 
<3 rocks
 
 
pins and bobby pins
 
 
earrings
 

It was fun to be able to hang out with my parents and all my siblings at the show!  I'm such an awkward vendor though, I never know what to do with myself when someone comes up to look at my things; part of me wants to just leave them alone and not bother them so they can shop, and the other part wants to be a salesman and talk people into buying things.  I usually choose the leave-them-alone option, but then I don't want to seem rude like I don't care if they buy anything or not... *sigh*

I'll give you overviews of my other shows as they happen. :)  Hope you all are having a good Monday!  Mine is going great; no work today, and my sister and her hubby are coming over to hang out soon!

peace out!

12 comments:

  1. Your set up looks really nice! I love how you repurposed the Peace Tea cans. I've always loved their design work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Peace Tea is so good, and yeah, the art is too good not to use. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like an awesome booth! I especially love the necklaces, rings and most of all, the headbands. What does your father make?

    (Also, would you mind telling where you get the chains for your necklaces?) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! My Dad makes bird houses and feeders out of cedar wood, oh and squirrel feeders, and some bat houses.

      I got the chain from a little local jewelry store at the end of my road, called The Bead Shop, where you can buy the chain in whatever length you want because it's on a big spool. You can probably find somewhere online that you could do the same; maybe Etsy??

      Delete
  3. I am always so curious to see how people set up their craft tables. I feel like that in itself is an art... one that I'm not particularly good at!

    Good luck with the sales to come. Your stuff looks awesome! I've never heard of Peace Tea, but it sure does make some nice jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Peace Tea is some great stuff; you try it if you spot it!

      Delete
  4. Looks great! I'm going to go check out your etsy shop now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! My Etsy shop is a bit skimpy right now, but I hope to vamp it up soon; probably after the shows are over.

      Delete
  5. Oooooooooooh! I love your booth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jewellery is beautiful and inspiring. I love the bracelets :)

    http://thesehappyplaces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!