October 04, 2012

what to wear to the pumpkin patch

 
 
 
This is what I wore when Mike and I visited our local (and somewhat famous! ...well, maybe just to us locals, ha :) pumpkin patch, Gene the Pumpkin Man.  I hadn't been there since I was a toddler with my family, and it was really fun!  We are definitely going to go again before the season ends.
We met Gene, and he talked our ears off and told us stories, and even gave me a pumpkin cookbook.
 
 
 
 
 
 
They had cows!  I had fun petting these fellas for a bit, wondering how anyone could eat such a cutie!  Oh, and look at those plants below!  I thought for a brief moment, "what in the world do they have growing?  It's so colorful!"  Then I realized they were artificial plants stuck in the ground. :)
 
 
outfit details:
plaid shirt/ striped dress- Target
jeans- Forever 21
scarf- The Bridge
glasses- Coastal
earrings- thrifted
shoes- Gander Mountain
 

I can't wait to go again!  Please make sure you stop by the other amazing blogs to see what they would wear to a pumpkin patch!

Marcia from Moose in Chartreuse
Sondra from Abhaya
Nicole from Gypsy in Jasper
Adriana from Horse of Ares
Dorien from Bodacious Thoughts
Lisa from Not Ladylike
Amanda from Salvaged Strawberry
Lisa from lala faux bois
Katherine from thinkin' out loud

12 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you went to a patch. These photos are SO cute. Love, love, love them. I love your autumn-inspired outfit. You totally fit the bill for a pumpkin patch adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun--I love going to the campiest, cheesiest pumpkin patches I can find! Also, cows are the best. There's something so calm and happy about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a super fun place; this guy has everything orange! he wears it, his car and his front door are orange; it's awesome!

      Delete
  3. I really like all the patterns you have going on! Plus, layering in Fall is awesome. I hope you took that little green pumpkin home with you - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take it home! I also got two tiny orange dudes, they're so cute! thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete
  4. I think your outfit is perfection. I love that plaid shirt! Just can't get over my love for plaid haha. And I really like your earrings. And again, you look so good with those glasses. Not even fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, you're too sweet! thanks so much. :) plaid rocks.

      Delete
  5. Those glasses are amazing. Honestly. And you totally look perfect in amongst all those pumpkins with your plaid and your stripes! Mixing patterns!!! I just can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I kind of blend in with all the orange, but eh?! :)

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! I love your patterns and you match perfectly with the pumpkins! What a fun place :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!