October 18, 2012

what to wear on laundry day

 
 
 
It's what to wear day!  The day where nine ladies and myself dress for occasions, showing you what we would wear in certain situations in life.  Today is obviously...laundry day!  This is what I wore one day when suddenly Mike said he was doing laundry.  I quickly pulled off the jeans I was wearing and threw on some leggings and knee high socks, a skirt and a thermal. 
 
When you're done here, please make sure you visit all the other blogs and check out their outfits!  This is always such a fun day, bouncing from one to the other. :)
 
Nicole: Gypsy in Jasper
Adriana: Horse of Ares
Sondra: Abhaya
Katherine: thinkin' outloud
 
If you're interested in joining in on this What to Wear venture, feel free to contact any one of us!
 
 
Do you guys do that as well?  When it's time to launder, quickly strip of what you're wearing, proclaiming, "Wait, I want these jeans washed!  Oh, this sweater too!"
 

 
 
I know most people probably wouldn't wear a skirt on laundry day...but I kind of think they're comfy, and I like wearing them on my days off from work since I don't wear them there.  I honestly didn't own a pair of sweat pants until last year, and I'm not sure they even qualify as actual sweatpants...they're not fuzzy inside, they're just stretchy gray material.  Mike and I share our un-love of them; I just feel kind of dirty and sloppy in them, so this is what I wear instead.
 

What do you wear on laundry day?

18 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY DO THAT. It seems what I'm wearing is always what I wanted washed the most. Funny how that works, eh!?

    I love that you took your photos in the laundry room. I would have done something similar, but ours is shared (I'm in an apartment) and it's always in use. I feel like it would have been super awkward if someone had walked in on me in the laundry room with a camera. Is that just me!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yeah that would've been awkward to do in a public laundry room... :)

      Delete
  2. Your thermal looks really comfortable. And skirts are definitely the way to go on laundry day--especially since everyone who's posted so far has been in a skirt! I hear you on the whole sweatpants thing. I don't have any, but I've sorta adopted a pair of David's. They're too long and I only wear them as pajamas in that 'right after I've woken up/before I take a shower' part of the day, and then on the 'David's home from work extra late so we're lazy on the couch before bed' part of day. That was probably way too much information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, you're funny; tmi, tmi!! :) no, they really are cozy, just not me. I borrowed a friends one night when I stayed over, and they were super comfy and oversized.

      Delete
  3. Awesome socks haha! And I think skirts are comfortable too, way more comfortable than pants haha. And yes, I do that too. When I'm wearing something, I usually love it because otherwise I wouldn't be wearing it and when it's laundry time, it has to get washed immediately haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stockings!! They're super cute. I also like how you were actually in the laundry room unlike some of us, haha. Great outfit, hun! :D

    xo, Adriana from Horses of Ares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) we just happened to be doing laundry one day, so we grabbed the camera for this post!

      Delete
  5. oh you look so cute on laundry day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you took photos with your washer and dryer. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also not a fan of "sweat pants", but I have about 10 different pairs of leggings!

    I thought about doing laundry room photos, but my washer & dryer are in the pit that is my basement, so not a good plan!

    You look super cute...love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yeah, dungeons are no good. :)

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!