September 20, 2012

what to wear on a bike ride

 
This week, the lovely ladies and I from the What to Wear gang bring you some spiffy outfits to wear while riding your bike!  I was trying to remember the last time I rode my bike...
 
 
I think it was two springs ago when Mike and I rode from our apartment down to the Radison Plaza Hotel downtown to pick up his packet for the marathon he ran. Yeeaaah....I don't ride my bike often. I probably should, I just don't!  I'm not really sure why not...I was going to go for a ride tonight so I could say I actually did, but Mike's not home, and I'm kind of worried about all the traffic. Plus I don't have a destination. I was trying to think of the nearest place I could ride to buy a bottle of wine, but it's either too far away, or across the busy busy street, haha!
 
Anyway, this is what I picked out of my closet for what I was thinking about wearing on my bike ride. :)  I may still end up going, who knows? 
 
Since it's chilly out, I layered up a bit, but not too much since I'll warm up while peddling.
 
 
I like to wear my skinny jeans, so the pant legs don't get caught up in the spokes or flap around, and an extra long tank top so I don't show off my bum while leaning forward on my bike.  Oh, and my merrel shoes, for extra peddle pumping action, and a scarf to ward off the wind.  It's oober windy here right now folks!
 
 
outfit details:
plaid shirt-
local store a few years ago, don't remember the name, and they're not there anymore
tshirt- thrifted
tank top- Forever 21
crocheted vest- Kohl's
scarf- bday gift from The Bridge, a fair trade shop in downtown Holland
jeans- Forever 21
merrell shoes- Gander Mountain
 
 
And there ya have it!  Please make sure you stop by the other ladies blogs to see what they would wear on a bike ride! :)
 
 
Marcia from Moose in Chartreuse
Sondra from Abhaya
Nicole from Gypsy in Jasper
Adriana from Horse of Ares
Dorien from Bodacious Thoughts
Lisa from Not Ladylike
Amanda from Salvaged Strawberry
Lisa from lala faux bois
Katherine from thinkin' out loud


14 comments:

  1. What a lovely outfit! I love plaid shirts, I don't think that will ever change haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ridden my bike in awhile either. It's funny, I used to use a bike to get everywhere during my undergrad. Now that I'm an old fart with a car, I'm super lazy. Sad. Sad. Sad.

    Cute outfit, though. Smart about the tank top. It's never ideal when you see someone bike by with their butt hanging out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yah. I need to start hoppin' on that thing again.

      Delete
  3. love the plaid...classic! :)

    xo
    sondra

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha very fun! Love the long tank top idea, very important to not have unnecessary skin showing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty cute looking biking outfit. I hope you manage to get out for a trip! I know I get a little trapped with overthinking a bike ride, but I'm always glad once I'm on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very adorable outfit. I really like the plaid & matching blouse/scarf. You look ready for an adventure! Now, I'm wishing I still had my bike...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's nice! x

    Join our giveaway worth 326USD, http://www.benlovesting.com/2012/09/benlovesting-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that vest! And the plaid, and the skinny jeans, and everything really.

    I often use my bike to pick up some libations at my local liquor store. I have the non-busy route all mapped out! I need to get some sort of beer-carrying device strapped to the bike and I'll be set for life!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!