September 26, 2012

let's eat~ mac 'n' cheese lasagna




I don't remember what magazine I clipped this recipe out of; it's just taped to a note card now that gets stored in my recipe box, and pulled out every-so-often.  This is a great go-to meal; super easy, quick and delicious.  Just make a box of mac 'n' cheese like you normally would, and layer it up with some ground beef, sauce, and cheese. 
 
 
I use the fake frozen ground beef, and even though you don't need to cook it before assembling, I still warm it up in a skillet to get those frozen chunks out.  I tried not doing this once, thinking it would thaw out enough in the oven, but it took way longer to cook and kept coming out cold.
 
1 pkg. (7 1/4 oz.) Macaroni and Cheese dinner, prepared as directed on package
1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
1/2 lb. lean ground beef, cooked, drained
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese (forgot to throw that in the photo!)
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spoon half of the prepared mac 'n' cheese dinner into lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
 
Top with half each of the spaghetti sauce, meat and shredded cheese.  Repeat layers.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
 
Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
 
Prep. time: 20 min.  Total: 40 min.  Makes 4 servings.
 

And there ya have it!  Cheesy, cheesy goodness!  I highly recommend using fake meat, even if you're a carnivore, give it a shot!  When the meat isn't the main ingredient and not what the flavor is all about, why not spare some critters and use a substitute?  They thank you. :)

Hope everyone has a good hump day; I'm going to try and be somewhat productive today....which probably means I should get dressed soon, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!