September 21, 2012

green smoothie #2

 My second green smoothie attempt was a good one.  It was actually a little while ago, and I lost my list of what I put in it, but I'm pretty sure I remember.  It wasn't exact measurements of anything, just what I had around.
 
 
I'd never had papaya that I could recall, so when I saw it at the grocery store, I plopped it in my cart. 
 
This is what went into my smoothie:
 
a few handfuls of spinach
little bit of mango (left over from the first smoothie)
3-4 small pieces of pineapple
papaya
a good chunk of cucumber
 
It turned out really tasty, and very "tropical-y."  Cutting into the papaya was a weird experience; I didn't know what to expect, and when I found all of those nasty little round seeds, it kind of grossed me out.  I guess it's sort of pretty, but it also reminds me of fish eggs.
 

Have you tried any green smoothies lately?  What did you put in yours?  I'm hoping to try another very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!