September 14, 2012

garage sale recap

I had our first garage sale at our new home this past weekend!  I adore going to garage sales, so it was fun to have one of my own.  It was such a beautiful weekend outside; I loved sitting in the driveway in the early morning with my coffee and the computer, catching up on blogs and reading a book.
 
It drizzled for a few moments on Friday, and Saturday was perfect.  So lovely in fact, that I packed up a bit earlier than planned; I was too antsy to just sit there and not do anything!
 
 
Overall, it went really well.  We made some cash, and got rid of some things we no longer need.  I made some coffee and cookies to sell to shoppers, which I ended up eating the rest of. :)  Too bad no-bakes are so darn good!
 

I haven't blogged the past few days; honestly I've just lost the motivation.  I really really like doing this, but I've just been a bit discouraged and tired in other areas of my life, and overwhelmed with things, I just haven't felt like blogging.  Trying to get back into the swing of things though...

Sometimes (ok, a lot of times) I wonder what the whole point of doing this blog is, but really what's the point to anything?  And is this a super vain thing to do or what?  I don't know...
I really like reading everyone else's blogs though!  so maybe mine will bring a little happiness to someone as well.  (I'm so behind in reading blogs!  again with the motivation thing...need to get on it!)

k, debbie downer signing off to get some sleep (yup, writing this the night before it's published!  Work comes early folks!)  Hope to be back again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoy your blogs so please don't stop. It reminds me of the softer side of life while living out the harsh realities of world events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! I'm going to try and keep up on it for a while.

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!