September 15, 2012

drive-in!

 
This is what we did last weekend! (along with our garage sale in the morning, of course.)
I've been dying to go to a drive-in for years now, and we finally did it.  Let me just say, this needs to happen much more often.  I don't know why these things are so rare now, or why more people don't go.  It was so much fun!
 
I didn't even care what was playing, we were going no matter what.  We happened to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  It was....fine. :)  I really didn't mind it; just a silly kid's movie, but it kept my attention.  Mike thought it was treacherous of course, but alas he survived.  They just don't make kid's movies like they used to.
 
No outside snacks were allowed like any other theater, but they had a cute little concessions stand where we got some popcorn, soda, and candy.  We got there a little early, so we listened to oldies on the drive-in radio station while munching our popcorn and watching kids in pajamas play on the playground.
 
 
Finally it grew dark enough that the man on the radio announced the playground was closed, and the movie would start shortly.
I was sooo giddy when the FOX symbol reeled onto the screen, and the music blasted through our car speakers!

Fun, fun experience, and I think everyone should experience this if you haven't already.  Look up where your nearest one is and go!  :)  We had to drive a bit, but it was totally worth it.  Next time I kind of want to take my truck and back into our spot so we can sit in the bed under the stars with a bunch of blankets.  Definitely need to go again before the end of the season!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. A few years ago, I live in a city in central British Columbia and an hour and a half away there was a drive-in, so we would at least go twice a summer. They would play double features, so you would see two movies for the price of one at the regular theatre. It was so awesome. We would bring blankies and cozy up in the car and eat nibs in our popcorn. So FUN! I would definitely go again.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!